Ludovico Einaudi was born in Milan in 1955 and began studying piano at a very young, Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory in Milan.
To me, Einaudi does not violate the piano, not a relationship of subordination with it. His is, anyway, a light touch, in search of easy come and sound of the combination of colors that goes well with the more chronic boredom: you will never get-go rushing into this "Becoming", for how many times you can browse.
The strings and synthesizers, background, pattern designs that amaze and enchant, a parody of themselves and their absurd romance. Make one more and you have a complete disaster, but no: even cancel each other, the two complement and embedding perfectly, ready for a stellar trip.
What we can say for sure that Ludovico Einaudi, at this moment, is the artist's most successful classical music at this time in Europe, and that makes me proud to be Italian.
Here, videos of his best songs.
Ludovico Einaudi discography:
- 1988: Time Out
- 1992: Stanze (harp)
- 1995: Salgari
- 1996: Le Onde (piano)
- 1999: Eden Roc (piano and strings)
- 2001: I Giorni (piano)
- 2003: Diario Mali (piano, kora)
- 2004: Una Mattina (piano, cello)
- 2007: Divenire (piano, string quartet)
- 2009: Nightbook (piano, electronic)
- 2013: In a Time Lapse (piano, electronic)
- 1988: Time Out – BMG Ricordi
- 1992: Stanze – BMG Ricordi
- 1995: Salgari – BMG Ricordi
- 1996: Le Onde – BMG Ricordi
- 1998: Fuori dal Mondo – BMG Ricordi
- 1998: Ultimi Fuochi – BMG Ricordi
- 1999: Eden Roc – BMG Ricordi
- 2001: I Giorni – BMG Ricordi
- 2001: Luce dei miei Occhi- BMG Ricordi
- 2002: Dr. Zhivago – BMG Ricordi
- 2003: La Scala Concert 03.03.03 – BMG Ricordi
- 2003: Le parole di mio padre – BMG Ricordi
- 2003: Diario Mali (with Ballaké Sissoko) – Ponderosa IRD
- 2004: Echoes: The Einaudi Collection
- 2004: Una Mattina – Ponderosa Music and Art/Decca/Sony Classical
- 2006: Divenire – Ponderosa Music and Art/Decca
- 2009: Cloudland – Ponderosa Music and Art, side project recorded as a group called Whitetree
- 2009: Nightbook – Ponderosa Music and Art/Decca
- 2010: The Royal Albert Hall Concert – Ponderosa Music and Art
- 2011: Islands: Essential Einaudi – Decca (UMO)
- 2013: In a Time Lapse – Ponderosa Music and Art/Decca #24 UK, #2 Mega Top 50, #5 FIMI Albums Chart, #6 Classical Albums
- 2013: Nightbook - Recording by pianist Hanna Devich - Challenge Classics