Since that date, every year at Christmas, the construction of a nativity scene is a must for every self-respecting Italian family, is a typically Italian tradition.
Most important tradition in the south Italy, but also in North, every family, every church, has their own nativity scene and there are cities where there are events in which they are exposed nativity scenes.
- Today, we offer one of the greatest Italian artists skilled in the art of nativity scenes: the artist Giancarlo Beltrami, here presents 20 of their traditional nativity dioramas that have been restored for the occasion.
- His crib poliscenico that enlivens faith and provides a representation of great religious art, strengthens its ties between the Italian theatrical tradition and rich in eighteenth-century nativity naturalistic details. His scenes (landscapes, homes, interior width of about 1.30 m, m depth of about 1.30 to 2 m and a height of about 3) are mainly characterized by the precision and expertise of natural and environmental details, the subtlety and expressiveness of the figures (made of plaster and then painted) and bright colors.
The artist can then be considered at the same time, painter, architect and designer of his artwork, below a video:.
Other articles about Christmas in Italy:
- Christmas in the background of Mona Lisa
- Most popular Italian Carol
- Nativity Scenes from around the world