That is one of those songs, that most of the tarantula, give an idea of the origins of this music, it seems the origins of the Taranta,
very ancient, dating back to the Bacchanalia.
The Taranta, played for days or even weeks, for the treatment of possessed, often had their own characteristics that differentiated it from that played for dancing.
I think that this song, most of the other, showing the true spirit of Taranta, enjoin it!
Pizzica Tarantata Indiavolata performed by Mauro Durante on violin, dedicated to Luigi Stifani.
La Notte della Taranta 2010 directed by Ludovico Einaudi.
- Riccardo Laganà: tamburello;
- Attilio Turrisi: chitarra battente;
- Alberto Fabris: live electronics
- Musicians from Canzoniere Grecanico Salentino:
- Mauro Durante: violin
- Massimiliano Morabito: diatonic accordion
- Giancarlo Paglialunga: tamburello