The IIT - Italian Institute of Technology has a very ugly website, but is developing a robot very interesting.
This is a very stable quadruped walking, you can walk on uneven terrain, on slopes, helped by its hydraulic system.
Just this week, a video was released with the new upgrades, and where you see the first tests, made out by the Institute, and where there is evidence of how this HyQ - IIT's Hydraulic Quadruped Robot is a very good project .
- HyQ is a new versatile quadruped robot with hydraulic+electric actuation developed at the Department of Advanced Robotics at the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT).
- HyQ is fast, robust, actively compliant and ready for versatile locomotion. It weighs 70kg and is 1m long.
- This video shows balancing and outdoor tests with HyQ at IIT.
- It shows walking over unperceived obstacles using active compliance and IMU for stabilization.
- Visit our project website for more information: