Maria Montessori can be considered the most influential Italian woman of the modern era.
Her whole life is centered on science and modernity, just think that is the first Italian woman to graduating medicine, in 1896 Hes enrollment at the University was only possible thanks to the intervention of the Pope, in fact its family, was a friend of the Pope.
Born into a middle class family in the Marche region (was born in the town of Chiaravalle) became famous all over the world, thanks to its revolutionary method of teaching. The Montessori method of education focuses on learning the child himself, who, already from an age of a few years become responsible for their actions.
Many famous people in the world have attended schools in the Montessori education.
Montessori schools in Italy:
- 147 Montessori schools
Other European Countries
- Germany: 1,140 Montessori schools, including 249 elementary and 60 secondary
- UK: 800 Montessori schools
- Ireland: 375 Montessori schools
- Netherlands: 220 Montessori schools, including 163 elementary and 22 secondary
- Sweden: 163 Montessori schools
- France: 52 Montessori schools
- Switzerland: 19 Montessori schools, three middle
- Ukraine: 5 Montessori schools
- Romania: 21 Montessori schools, 13 kindergartens, 5 educational centers, 3 schools
- United States: Approximately 4,500 Montessori schools
- India: 200 Montessori schools
- Canada: 63 Montessori schools
- Japan: 150 Montessori schools
- New Zealand: 65 Montessori schools
|1.000 lire, with the face of Montessori|